Rome, Italy. Palazzo della Civiltà Italiana, also known as Palazzo della Civiltà del Lavoro, also known with the nicknames of "Colosseo Quadrato" (square Colosseum) or "Groviera" (Gruyere cheese). Designed by architects Giovanni Guerrini, Ernesto Bruno La Padula and Mario Romano, built between 1938 and 1943. The inscription on the four faces means: "A people of poets, of artists, of heroes, of saints, of thinkers, of scientists, of navigators, of transmigrators".
November 25th, 2010
Viewed 1,093 Times - Last Visitor from White Plains, NY on 10/01/2023 at 8:34 PM